OUR MISSION in seven points, to honor Garrincha, the joy of the people.
Create a non-profit organization to fight against:
- The exclusion of the Brazilian population from football stadiums, which has resulted form a deliberate policy of diminishing stadium capacity, eliminating popular sections, and an abusive increase in ticket prices.
- The disrespect shown for Brazilian football culture with the extinction of popular areas like the geral where there was a tradition of watching games while standing, as happens in Germany, Argentina, and other major football nations. For example, the Maracanã has suffered massive and expensive reforms undertaken without consulting fans.
- The lack of transparency in Brazilian football which has been controlled for decades by corrupt and incompetent directors; for example, the Brazilian Football Confederation has been controlled by the same person for nearly two decades. We demand that Brazilian football be democratized.
- The political exploitation of football for political ends, abusing the sport’s popularity to use in creating public policies that work against public interests.
- The control of the football schedule and times by a television network that for decades has retained a lucrative monopoly over the broadcast of football matches. Matches should begin no later than 8pm during the week and 5pm on Sundays, the traditional hours for Brazilian football.
- The end of forced removals for lower-income communities in the name of the World Cup and Olympics.
- The lack of decent public transportation on match day, we demand special transportation to bring fans to and from the stadium.
First rally: Sunday October 16, Fluminense x Botafogo, Fechadão, 5pm.